HELP!!!!!!

So I just found out that my 14 year old baby sister is dating a 26 year old hockey player!! Now I'm all for hockey players since I'm married to one and all but they are 12 years in age differance and she is 14!! Thankfully the guy doesn't know me because I would kick his ass if I did!! Well anyways what should I tell her??? I really need help here!

MrsToews101

Asked by MrsToews101 at 5:58 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• omgosh! no way?! Shame on him, he's the adult. she probably like the attention but that is totally not ok and she needs to know. I would talk to her and let her know how much trouble he can get into. Thats gross and he needs to be told so. Shes your sister though and she needs protection, what sane 26 year old adult goes out with a 14 year old?! Seriously! Maybe you can talk to a police officer and have him talk to her and tell her how serious all this is.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would confront him and let him know that she's only 14. He may not know? And that if he comes near your sister again you're calling the cops.
    Your sis might be super pissed but once she's older she will understand -- you don't want her to have to go through getting knocked up at such a young age.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• This is against the law!!!! Does he know she's 14 or did she lie & say she's older? If he knows she's 14 & is actively engaging her in any kind of relationship he is a PEDOPHILE!!!!! You need to explain to your sister this isn't about her & how special she is he likes her bc she is a child & will continue to prey on kids until stopped! He's gonna want to do things that @ 14 she shouldn't be doing w/ anyone let alone someone so much older. Honestly if it was my little sister I'd tell her she could stop seeing him on her own or I was calling the police & turning him in. She may not understand why its not okay now but she'll thank you as she gets older. BTW many abusers look for ppl significantly younger, they are easier to train & brainwash. You don't know if he's physically abusing her yet but just on the basis of the age difference he's sexually abusing her!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Bet he doesn't know she's 14. You need to let him know because it is statutory rape. And if you know this and you don't let him know, you are an accessory.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It isnt really your place unless you are uncomfortable with someone so reckless watching your children. She is young enough that she may even be preassured to allow him over when you arent there. I would tell her parents and then try to report the man if they wont.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• omg shes so young.she needs to stop being with a 26 year old thats for sure does her mother know?
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• 26??? Can we say.. PEDOPHILE???? Call 911!!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:19 PM on Aug. 23, 2010

• That's a rape charge and he is so preying on ur kid sista. Get the law involved. She's not gonna give him up easily i bet he got her so brain wash no. Your only chance is prayer and the legal system. Once his career is on the line i bet he pick it over ur lil sista cause she's not the only one he's seein.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2010

• ohhh that cannot be good i would make her and i mean make her stop seeying him and i would make her let me meet him i owudl tell him in his face that i dont want him to have anythign with her because he is to old i would let him know if he gets close to her you will call the cops on him. i mean i understand maybe a 16 yr old but not a 2some year old. i woudltalk to your mom like asap
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2010

• Tell her WHAT? That's awful, CALL HER PARENTS. She's only 14. Find a new babysitter
    Winerygirl

Answer by Winerygirl at 12:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010