anyone elses newborn/young infant hate lullubies but love rock music?

my 3 week old daughter doesn't fuss often but when she does she'll smile and fall right to sleep if i play punk rock or hard rock music for her. her favorites are Blink 182 and Pearl Jam. my husband has tried singing her lullabies in the past but she didn't like them, then one night about a week and a half ago she was fussing and i played Blink 182 and she loved it. i guess it's because rock music is all she heard in the womb cause that's what i listen to. any other baby like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Haha, my new nephew is like this!! He freaks when they try to play "baby music" but loves it when they play some heavy stuff.. lol... They probably recognize it from when they where in the womb and the mommies were around it :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:02 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Oh yea, and he was just born on the 5th of this month!! (which is my bday too, so super cool :P)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• When my oldest daughter was a baby she love Janet Jackson. She would lay on the floor and kick and wiggle to her. She would also cry if I put on something else. It just means your baby has good taste. :D

stweshjali

Answer by stweshjali at 6:12 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• guns n roses put my ds to sleep everytime.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My dd loves rock & rap, hanging out w/ her parents for too long I guess!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My kids have always liked whatever music they heard while I was pregnant

Answer by missanc at 8:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my first loved hard rock, my second liked bluegrass and the third didn't care but likes country now. Isn't that weird how a baby has likes and dislikes for music?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yeah both my kids prefer rock over the soft stuff. My 14 month old DD loves to jam - it's funny to watch her rock out, bang her head, raise the roof, shake the booty.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was pregnant with my 2.5 yo and playing out with our band. The little guy loved the drums in the womb, and still is crazy about them. We've never sung lullabies, he prefers rock, new country, and the blues. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010