roaches!

I've lived in this apt for a couple of months before I moved in I spoke to the last tenant who said she was moving because of the roaches and the apartment was in bad condition, I looked at it and it seemed fine, after I moved in though I began to see what she was talking about, the ceiling leaks when it rains the bath tub is always clogging up and theres roaches for the first couple of months I tried to take care of the situation myself but then it got too much and they began breeding. I finally told my landlord and she called in an exterminator, he sprayed and then said to call back in 15 days if the roaches were not gone, a lot of the big ones died but then alot of baby ones began to appear I called them back and told them, they came and sprayed again but there still so many baby ones, I clean constantly and don't leave food out, Idk what to do, should I try to treat the issue, tell them or hire my own exterminator

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i hope this will help, i live in house, not apartment. we went and got this stuff you sprinkle around the outside of the house. we got it from a garden place. and that was last summer, i have not seen anything this summer. but it kills every kind of bug on contact. plus we also set off about twenty bombs at different times. the exterminator will say it's a bad idea and everything, but it worked and get some combats and double sided tape. tape them to the inside of the cupbaords, and to the underside of the table and anyother large peices of furnture. we moved into our house in late sept, and we did all that and its been a year now and no signs of them. hope this helps.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It may take several applications from the extreminator. They spray stuff and when the walk over it it should kill them. It does take time. We brought some stuff back from my BIL & SIL'S place that had both recently died and they had a ton so guess where they came to our home.I tried the bombs they do not work. We didn't have many and 1 application was all it took for our home. Keep calling them. If there are neighbors next to you though they might keep coming back,. The extreminator gave us traps to sit out so we sat them out in hugh traffic areas but havn't gotten any. Good Luck I know they are hrrid little creatures.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have to say we only had about 20 roaches and we set off 20 bombs and still I saw 8 more later about 2 weeks later & called the extremnaitor problem solved
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Honestly....if they have already been there awhile and are filling the walls....it's going to take more than an exterminator spraying a little.....

You need spray, powder and BOMBS by the dozens.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• set off raid bombs for roaches...we had them bad in our garage about a month after we moved in to our old place..we set off 3 in the garage, and one in every room of the house. they're nasty little creatures, and the thought of having them again just makes me shiver. good luck.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I lived in an apt years ago As same thing was happening. Someone finally told me, you have to ask them to exterminate ever apt. in the buliding your in or they will keep coming back. And call ever week or 2 until you don't see any. They bug you, you bug them until their gone.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Oh, I also saw something you can buy for abt 15.00 to put in your elec socket for rats, mice, ants, & roaches, I think fr Lowes & Home Depot.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Sprinkle a line of boric acid around the area. I find it really works.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010