Cleaning the oven

So I'm cleaning my oven tomorrow. I saw it and its pretty dirty, I was careful when I sprayed the oven cleaner but didn't remember that hubby wont be home tomorrow he's gonna be gone from 8-4. So now I'm probably gonna have to do it, not only that but hubby isn't very detailed orientated and will probably just wipe it down instead of actually cleaning it. I'm 36 weeks pregnant, is it safe to clean it myself? will it be safe to wear a mask so I wont wear the chemicals or should I just ask hubby to do it?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 6:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would play it safe and get the hubby to do it.. "watch" over him if need be... breathing in them chemicals can't be good!! Also, you could always call your doctors office and check.. I am sure they would give you a better answer then you would find on here... :) CONGRATS on the baby btw :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Oven cleaners are some of the most toxic fumes! Make hubby do it & do it correctly. Next time use baking soda & vinegar, just as strong, no nasty odors!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No, it's not safe for you to be breathing that stuff in. They do make "fume-free" cleaners however I have no idea if they work well or not. Let DH take care of it. You can always clean it better later, after baby is here.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010