I had bleeding after sex and my doctor told me to wait a month before having it again. Does she just mean penetration? Is it safe to do other things? adult content

Does she just mean penetration? Is it safe to do other things?

candyjs78

Asked by candyjs78 at 6:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would think that oral sex or clitoral stimulation would be different from penetration, being that the cause of bleeding is likely "the increased blood supply to the cervix and vaginal walls means that blood vessels are more likely to break during intercourse, especially on the surface of the cervix, where it may come into contact with a man's penis." That is, if you are in your second or third trimester. Source: http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-life/sex-relationship/bleeding-during-pregnancy-sex/
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 6:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes but I'd probably take it easy, just in case its something else. I had spotting at 20 weeks and I was told not to have sex for a few days but I was soo paranoid my husband and I put ourselves on pelvic rest at that point and I still had more bleeding and my doctor put me on strict bed rest and official pelvic rest so I was kinda glad we had put ourselves on pelvic rest way before my doctor did, I was having shortening cervix and sex could have caused me to go into pre-term labor. I'm 36 weeks now and very pleased with the pelvic rest it wont last forever I got a few more weeks. good luck, ohh yeah take it easy especially these next couple of days rest and stay off your feet as much as possible and whenever you can, atleast until you see your doctor.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Absolutely!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• she probably means everything. seeing as penetration could have caused it or the orgasm could have caused it.
    but, you can call and clarify.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Just be careful.
    You must have a great sex drive
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010