How many loafs of bread will it take....

to feed 20 preteen boys sandwiches?

I have been "volunteered" to be the team mom for my oldest son's football team. Their Jamboree is coming up soon and we are going to make sandwiches for the boys for lunch (since we have to be there all day). I know how much lunch meat I need per loaf of bread but I have no clue how many loafs of bread.

Asked by Juggalette0327 at 7:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Well...for my 4 kids and I (they are 3-8 years old), for a breakfast of toast & jam, we go through a whole loaf. So...I'd go with 5 loaves, bare minimum. That would get each kid 2-3 sandwiches, depending how many slices there are per loaf. If there are fewer slices, or you think they'll want more, get more - I don't think you'll feed more than 4 boys from 1 loaf though.

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's going to depend on the number of slices of bread per loaf, but I would say 4 loaves for 2 sandwiches per kid

Answer by acollins09 at 7:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• 5-6 loaves

Answer by dullscissors at 7:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree, I'd get at least 5 or 6 loaves. Its always better to get too many than not enough! :)

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• with that age they'll eat as much as you bring haha... i'd say 5 or 6 loaves too

Answer by elizabiza at 8:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Thanks ladies. That's what I was thinking too but I wanted another opinion.

Comment by Juggalette0327 (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010