Need Help With 19 year old Daughter...Don't know what to do adult content

My daughter was in a relationship with a boy for 2.5 years. They lived together for 8 months. She finally made him move out for not working, chasing under-age girls, and drugs. Unfortunately she continued to see him. He was arrested for drugs 2 weeks after moving back home with his parents and is now now dating a 16 year old girl (he is 20)He informed my daughter that she never made him use a condom. With this information she went immediately to a Dr. and got a report this week that he has given her a STD. Do I call the childs parent and inform her she should be tested or let it go. I am certain he would not tell the girl himself. I just know him too well. If my daughter were 16 I would want to know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I think it should be your daughter's decision as to what to do, since she is over the age of 18. The socially responsible thing to do would be to tell the girl.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 7:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• problem is she's an adult now, they won't let you have a say now (the doctors). I've been down this road myself medically with our stepson.. After he hit 18, suddenly mom and dad were non-entitys to the powers-that-be. Pissed us off.

Basically, our son not knowing what to do, asked us, and we basically had to tell the doctor what we wanted thru our son...ie our son had to be the one to physically tell him, even tho its was our words. Really dumb.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• ditto acollins09.

i dated a guy who sounds EXACTLY like this one (only we were 22 and 26); his scummy self is still spreading what he has to any girl that doesn't know about it (he never told me; i ended up witn it and then i found out later that he'd known he had his std for YEARS and never said anything to any of the girls he sleeps with. stupid bastard.)! the 16-year-old should def know; if it's something permanent (like my ex did to me) it could potentially ruin that girl's life.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 7:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If you daughter doesn't you should. You would have wanted to know.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yes...you should tell everyone.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• someone should say something
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would tell someone, too. If she has something and doesn't know it could really affect her health and/or do permanent damage. Like you said, if it were your daughter you would want someone to tell you. I would call the parents and just let them know, especially since she is only 16.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I could not keep this information from a person knowing the results. As a parent I would want to know.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would want to know if it was my daughter.This young immature girls health and possibly her ability to have children ,hopefully in the far future, is at risk.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Oh! A friend of mine just informed me that if your daughter's ex knew he had an STD and knowingly gave it to her, ins a lot of states (like here in Michigan), you CANtake legal action against him for medical bills both past and future, as well as mental anguish and pain & suffering. Call a lawyer.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2010