Was this mother wrong in her reaction?

She called a passing man who was looking at her 17-yr old daughter a pervert then tells him she's only 17.

Well 1st: How would he have possibly known?
2. How is that girl at 17 going to look any different in a few months/weeks? when she turns 18 and is a legal adult? Last I seen, 17,18,19 all look pretty mature to me.

Personally I think she was wrong and just acting on her own discomfort. The man did nothing wrong looking at a healthy, attract young woman. imho

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think it was a defensive reaction to someone "checking out" her daughter. She overreacted.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 9:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• She shouldnt have said anything. If everything was covered up right then he didnt see anything anyways. If it wasnt covered up well then the girl was asking to be checked out and probably got dressed with that intention anyway. I am 17 and cant imagine my parents saying anything. There isnt much difference between me and my 20 year old SIL....
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• IMO, she should have just not said anything. We've all had older guys give us a look...and it's not like she was 12.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree with Bradenls.. but also, I'd like to know if you have any teenage daughters? I've noticed that you've been asking these types of questions for a while, and I'm just wondering if you've ever had any experience in what you speak of. As for myself, I know that a well developed 12 year old can put on make up and look like she's 16, so I'd prefer keep the age of legality at 18, and hope that men will know that a girl walking with her mom should not be stared at.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 7:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think it is disgusting when any guy really lears at any female of any age, but I think the mother's behavior was just as ridiculous. The person she should be addressing is her own daughter on the subject of how to handle it. Would she want her daughter yelling at any guy who looked at her?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• "I think it is disgusting when any guy really lears at any female of any age, but I think the mother's behavior was just as ridiculous. The person she should be addressing is her own daughter on the subject of how to handle it. Would she want her daughter yelling at any guy who looked at her?"

I'm willing to bet the daughter didn't mind.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2010