Not a fun question, but posting it here for more views - PLEASE pray! adult content

Could you please pray for my friend - long story short, her ex husband and his lawyer dad (along with his high school buddy who was the judge) was able to manipulate her into him having custody of the kids. BUT - he has been extremely neglectful in a LOT of ways, so she was able to get an emergency custody order (they're looking into ethics issues, custody issues, etc).

Well, her ex and his dad showed up at her house, waving their previous custody order, had her arrested in front of the kids, the kids freaked out, she was taken in handcuffs down to the station to "sort it out". She was able to prove that she has custody (she is in a diff state from where the divorce occurred and where she is having the custody re-done). They let her go - no charges filed. BUT - by the time she got back to her house, her ex was gone with the kids.

cont

sailorwifenmom

Asked by sailorwifenmom at 7:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't live in the same country as she is (we're stationed overseas) - she emailed me about it all freaked out - I don't know if an Amber Alert has been issued, I don't know what they're doing to get the kids back. I do know that the police in the State she's in and also in some of the States they think they might go have been notified, but I don't know what else is being done.

(I won't say the States, on the off chance that his sister or someone who knows him and knows where he's going is so he won't know where they're looking)

Could you PLEASE pray for them??
    sailorwifenmom

Comment by sailorwifenmom (original poster) at 7:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Bless her heart! What a terrible thing to go through.

Sending prayers her way.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'LL pray that they are found safe and sound. That's awful!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Thank you both so much! I'm so freaked out for her and her kids - this is just a horrible, unimaginable situation all around!!
    sailorwifenmom

Comment by sailorwifenmom (original poster) at 7:51 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Of course my prays are there for the momma and children.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:02 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• that really sucks. i think that the first order stands because they are in different locations and my understanding is that the case stays where it is unless the non custodial petitions for it to be moved.. but she has to do it through the original court. she can always go back to where she has the original case and petition there. i wonder what the new court will do.. i believe they would vacate the order.. but without seeing both orders.. not sure.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• That's what she did - she petitioned the court in the orig jurisdiction. Her lawyer there is handling it and she's communicating with him via phone and stuff. She was supposed to go back to court in person next month to have it settled but has a court order from the orig area giving her emerg custody.

That's why the cops let her go, but by then he was gone with the kids :-(
    sailorwifenmom

Comment by sailorwifenmom (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2010