Mirena = Miscarriage...what do you ladies think adult content

so i have had my Mirena in for about 2 years. and in that time i have had at LEAST 3 early miscarriages. i know its a miscarriage because i had one when my baby stoppeed developing at 5 weeks and miscarried at 7, and when that happened there wasnt really any pain, or a lot of blood, but i could tell the embryo when it passed. so a couple weeks ago, my bf was really nauseated and vomiting a lot for a few days (he does that when im preggo) and then i got a period for the first time in like 4 months or more, then 2 weeks later i was spotting for a day and i thought that was strange so i took a test and it was neg. so today about a week later, i had some light cramping and when i went to the bathroom i saw what appeared to be pieces of a miscarriage (just a small bit). so i know that i got pregnant but the Mirena didnt let it implant, and i just passed it today.....i dont know whether to be a little sad or to thank mirena!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That is a side effect of Mirena.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Well, this is completely wrong. The blastulous is unable to implant, which is a ball of about 25 cells into the uterus wall. That's what the mirena does. So, there is no way you could see this in your period, it's too small. If you are actually having miscarriages, then you need to see a doctor pronto because that means your IUD is not in properly and it's not working right.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 8:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Did you ever go to the dr with any of these"miscarriages? You can't be sure you had one unless you do a test and find your hcg elevated Mirena is fashioned so sperm cannot get to the fallopian tube and therefor cannot meet up with the egg. Not that it has never happened but I doubt it has happened to you 3 times in 2 yrs unless yours is inserted incorrectly. When you have your period the inside of your uterus sloughs off and it's not unusual to find "little pieces" Unless you saw a positive test you can't know you were pregnant.
    As far as your bf someone knowing you are pg, that baloney in my opinion.
    Lastly, if you believe all of what you say I'd be worrired not happy. If by chance any of this were true it would mean your Mirena is not in correctly and you are at risk for a real ectopic pregnancy which would kill you if your tube bursts.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't classify it as a miscarriage from the details you gave. I've had 2 and both of them were very painful with lots of bleeding but all women are affected differently. If you think you are still getting pregnant with the mirena in you should visit your dr. I don't think its healthy to keep having miscarriages and if its not implanting at all then all you are passing is a fertilized egg that hasn't grown into anything yet.
    Ashley21

Answer by Ashley21 at 8:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• ^^Yup, that is exactly how it works.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• That's how a lot of birth controls work, the fertilized egg is passed with your next cycle it doesn't grow because it doesn't implant. It is passed at 4-5 weeks. 1-2 mm. You wouldn't even notice an embryo just clotting and blood like a normal cycle but heavier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• op here - i have been to the dr before for this and they said that Mirena doenst PREVENT pregnancy, it just keeps it from implanting in your uterus. the pieces i was referring to was a product of miscarriage and again i know what that looks liek because i have had a miscarriage before. it may be too small to see during a period, but this happened today, 2 weeks after spotting and its blood and tissue connected together just like the others accompanied by slight cramping so you tell me...
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree if it was truly a miscarriage, it would be so early you would NOT know. I had a lot of weird preggo symptoms while on the mirena, it releases hormones into your uterus + prevents implantation. If you truly think you have had a miscarriage, why didn't you go to the doctor after the FIRST one? If you're having so many problems with the Mirena and have lost three babies because of it, get that thing taken out....
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• When I was on the mirena I thought the same thing, turned out the bloody masses that came out were just clots. Just go to the doctor and you'll get checked out
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• A lot of women get clots in their periods. They are not miscarriages but they are a sign of something you should have checked out. See your dr.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2010