Okay so a friend of the family who is 17 is pregnant...by a 15 year old boy!

They had been dating for 3 months and she had no idea, he told her he was 18 and his sister played along. She never saw the parents but they knew about her. Now the boys mom wants to pay for her to have an abortion and says if she doesn't(she won't) then they will sue her with salutatory rape. Can we say hot mess?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Another excellent example for why children should not be allowed the opportunities to perform the act that causes pregnancy!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It depends on the state. She could get in trouble for it, but she can also say that the charges were brought on by the fact that she would not have an abortion.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Very hot mess! In court the fact that he lied about his age will negate them being different ages. As someone else pointed out in another post many times the age difference is 3 yrs & so the mom couldn't press charges.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• They can't "sue" her but they certainly can press charges. But, the girl can have the boy's mom charged with blackmail (sp?) also. And people wonder why CHILDREN shouldn't be having sex at all.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Nyx...in some states the age difference is 2 years.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:21 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Ugh. I am over this drama already and it hasn't really started yet. Oh and I was the last to know... 'I thought you'd yell at me...' I wanted to. But I didn't.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• makes his PR go up at his school. Seriously tho as he is a minor I'm not sure much could be done unless he raped her. She obviously consented and 17 is the age of consent in many States. As such, the law wouldn't do anything unless she wanted to pursue it somehow.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• What a mess. Ir sounds like you're doing the best thing and steering clear of the drama, I have a feeling this is going to get ugly.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:02 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Statutory rape with both under 18 and a 2 yr age difference will be hard to stick. AND she could turn around and she could sue them for extortion.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2010