When at the beach do you allow your teenage daughters to wear bikinis?

If so, can you reasonably expect grown men not to look? Its a beach and (almost) all their bits are showing. (girls 15+)

And at a beach, ladies, yes all the men are looking (one way or another) but they are, however discreetly or strained eyeballs they do it, they do do it somehow, cuz dang its all right there and they don't even have to try.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I do but it makes me feel uncomfortable that men are looking at her. Sometimes I'm even jealous that she looks that good and I look like a fat cow and I wish some of those of those men were looking at ME and not HER. lol.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I allow mine to do so, even if they don't wear a bikini they are still going to be ogled. I rather be around them to keep an eye on them and not allow them to fall prey to a sweet talking man.

I know that they are going to wear it when I am not around and nowadays you will rarely see a teenager wearing a one piece suit.
    Pigsty333

Answer by Pigsty333 at 8:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My parents while I was growing up were very strict and I always wore a bikini all through my teenage years. I have a super long torso and there were no one pieces bathing suits that fit me because I was very thin as well (they make them to fit now a days). So I either wore a bikini or had my butt showing. My neighbor was a single male and we would catch him up in his trees pruning and starring at me and my friends while we were laying out . We were up on the garage where no one would normally be able to see us. My friends all wore one piece bathing suits. So yes men will look no matter what you wear. So in my opinion, either one you stay clothed, or two you were tasteful suits. Not the cheeky suits that show your butt cheeks, cleavage enhancing, string type because even though men will always look, wearing the skimpy stuff gives the wrong message.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My daughter can wear a teeny bikini when she is 18. I will have no problem with a sensible two piece. I do not need guys drooling over my under age child because she isn't leaving much for the imagination.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I saw a dad with his son (they were building a sand castle together) completely distracted by 3 giggling girls walking along the surf, probly 16-ish. They were quite fit. I can't say I blame him. I don't think he realized how he looked, but again its probly not something he gets to see everyday at home. lol
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No bikinis ever at my house. There are too many other options that are less enticing.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• "I do but it makes me feel uncomfortable that men are looking at her. Sometimes I'm even jealous that she looks that good and I look like a fat cow and I wish some of those of those men were looking at ME and not HER. lol."

That and the instinct to protect them are probably the keys to why parents have issue.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Our daughters will not wear bikinis at all.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My daughter actually chooses not to wear bikinis. She prefers the look of a 2 piece suit that mimics a one piece.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• You are the parent. I am 17 and have never worn bikinis because I have seen my friends being looked at and one even got grabbed and almost kidnapped when we were 15.

I would say not until you are at least 17 and even then if you want to wear it you will buy it yourself. Make sure they are following your rule.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010