When did you lose your viginity? adult content

If you lost it before you were married, do you expect the same from your children?

What do you think is the best way to keep your child from having premarital sex?

Mom2unangel

Asked by Mom2unangel at 8:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I lost my virginity when I was 15. I have no regrets though, it was with my first love who I was with for two years and I don't regret sharing that with him. I actually married my next highschool boyfriend and we are still married twelve years later. I don't really have an 'expectation' for when my kids will lose their virginities... we are going to stress sexual responsibility moreso than abstinence. I don't just mean birth control, I mean respecting yourself, respecting your partner, being safe, being emotionally prepared, etc. Abstinence can be a part of that, but I don't want the kids to think that's the only decision I would support and not come to me if they make other choices.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• When I got married. My children did do the same. Their daddy and I taught them from birth that sex was for marriage and marriage only, and that they would have to guard themselves to keep someone from trying to steal that glorious priviliege from them. The other thing we did was that we went everywhere with our children to their activities and they were allowed to entertain their friends at our house. The emphasis was on the family and not on everybody doing his/her own thing. Praise God for His faithfulness and His protection. We watched some very interesting things happen and some very creative attempts to steal from our children, but they did not work. All praise be unto God!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• you cant really stop them from having sex too young, sadly unless you lock em up or attach yourself to them 24/7. At some point the opportunity presents itself. Best you can do is talk to em and educate them and hope the have some common sense.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Way to young. I regret it. I really wish I would have waited until I met my husband and we were married.

I don't think there really is a way to keep your children from having premarital sex now days. My husband was raised in a strict no sex before marriage, but was made fun of because he had never had sex so he did.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• 18..and I married him, and we're still happy to this day. Those morals were unsullied in me from early on, and I can only hope that my dd will think the same..but I'll support her in whatever she decides,..I'd rather her cone to me about it then going behind my back and get pregnant at 15.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was 19 and a sophomore in college. I was planning to wait until marriage. I had a steady boyfriend for 3 years in high school. We were planning to marry after we finished our Associates degrees and then we'd finish up our Bachelor's Degrees together. He dumped me out of the blue 3 weeks before HS graduation. I slept with the next boyfriend I got, largely because I decided after someone I trusted so muchhad betrayed and abandoned me that all guys just wanted that one thing and wouldn't stay other wise. I didn't have parental support or encouragement through that break up and I lost faith, confidence in myself, and all respect for myself.

The only reason I was a virgin so long is due to my beliefs as a Christian. Staying on God's path makes staying pure far easier. I didn't get sexually active until I stopped trusting God.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:42 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was really young....15 or 16. No regrets though. I don't think you can keep your kids from having premarital sex. I would just say be open with them and always be willing to talk and listen to them. Keeping the lines of communication open, I think, will really help your kids when it comes time for them to make such big decisions.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was 15.. I was with the guy for 2 years before that.. I don't really think there is a way to "prevent" it.. they will make their own choices whether I like them or not.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was 17. It was 1 year before I got married. It was to my now husband. I expect my children to wait for love and I will stress that. However, I will also be providing them for condoms if they choose otherwise.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I regret it or at least to the person i gave it to.I lost my virginity at 18.before that i had a phase of fooling around with girls all who were friends of mine.i been with 5 men and the last one i have been with for 6yrs and have 2 kids together but not married.i dont think you can keep your kids from having sex
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2010