How can i get my just turned 1 son to stop hitting people in the face?

My son hits people in the face when he is frustrated of just for fun. When i turn my head from him he tries to grab my earings and tries to knock my glasses off. I'll slap his hand and say that isn't nice but he thinks it is a game. i've tried "crying" and he'll cry if it is convincing enough but as soon as i stop he'll hit again. if my other kids are lying anywhere he can reach he'll walk up to them and start hitting them in the face. Especially if they are sleeping. What do i do?

CCCs

Asked by CCCs at 10:54 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am in the same boat! All I can do is grab her hand and in my sternest voice say NO. She is at the age where her feelings get hurt easy when I am stern. I have tryed tapping her hand, spanking her butt, giving her hand a nice squeeze and none of them work. She has lightened up on it now. The thing is being consistent. You can't let him do it once then say no the next time. Try not to laugh about it and tell your other kids that they need to let you know if he does it and you don't happen to see it. They say it takes 30 times of consistently giving a negative for them to understand. Good luck I hope he grows out of it as my daughter seems to be.
    Mrs.Bauer

Answer by Mrs.Bauer at 11:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yikes! Noah only did that a couple of times. I would hold his hands gently, but firm and get on his level and say, NO, we DOn't hit. That's ugly, or that's not nice. He got the point, but I know some kids have a harder time.
    MamaCass07

Answer by MamaCass07 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008