How successful...

Ok my husband had a vasectomy about three years ago after his ex wife had their second child. Anyway we want to have a child of our own together. And I know it's possible for people to conceive after a reversal. But I was wondering has anyone on here gone through that? Was it difficult trying to conceive because of the previous vasectomy? Also, how long did your guy have his vasectomy before it was reversed? And did you have to use any fertility drugs? Because I would really not want to do that. I don't want to end up with six babies ya know. Oh and how long did it take for you to become pregnant? And do you think insurance would cover it or do you think it would be out of pocket? I'm pretty sure the vasectomy was covered by insurance but I don't know about a reversal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Eleanor_Rigby

Asked by Eleanor_Rigby at 10:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• The reversal is not. The success rate of getting pregnant after a reversal is about 65%. And the procedure runs close to $10,000.00.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2008