idk

so after 30 years i found my bio dad. i tried to not have expectations but of course i did. at first everything was cool. we talked everyday saw each other a couple of times but its been four months and we hardly talk at all. i texted him yesterday and ask him if i could talk to him about something serious and he never texted back. am i wrong to have expected alil more? i wanted to meet my aunts, his cousins. i wanted to be around my lil brothers, they r 3 and 1. i asked him all sorts of questions about him but he has never asked anything about me, my past, what i done with my life. how do you think i should handle this? part of me wants to go off on him and the other part wants to cry to him bout all this.

jamiethornton26

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 8:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Its hard w/ bio parents that didn't raise you cuz part of you wants that kind of relationship but they may not want it. being a parent is hardwork, you know how hard it can be. Its different when you have a relationship that's like friends vs you wanting him to step up & be dad. He may not want that kind of relationship w/ you. I know that's hard to hear & has nothing to do w/ you, its his own selfishness & not understanding. All men have the ability to be sperm donors, few make good fathers!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm sure he's scared of what you want to talk about. Saying you want to talk about something serious scares men of all ages. Txt him back and just tell him what you wanted to talk about. See if that fixes it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Just talk to him in a matter of fact way. Tell him exactly what you want. Exactly. For example, I would like for you to arrange for me to meet my cousins...ect...if you get all emotional you might freak him out. Remember that you may want to talk about the past but it could be hard for him. There might be things that he'd rather not remember. Men are like that sometimes. Just take it slow.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010