Do you look at the things that you buy and see if it is made in the U.S.A? I never really thought of it this way.

I was shopping with a friend and she kept looking at the items she was buying and saying nope then put it back and I ask her what in the world are you doing? She said "oh I look and see if what I'm buying is made in the U.S. if not then I don't purchase it because I want my family and friends and their family and friends and so on to make sure that they still have a job here in the U.S instead of all of money going over seas. She said this is the way I see it, "if I spent money on things made from here then I'm keeping those people working because they would need to make more proudcts.

my4loves3

Asked by my4loves3 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yeah I check stuff to see if its made here, for this reason & bc the US has more safety testing in place than many other countries we get stuff from. if its something I want vs something that's a necessity then I'll skip it if its not made here.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Shes got a good point.

I do buy fresh produce from local farmers though so i guess im keeping t hem working hard haha.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 8:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No, I just buy what I like.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't guess I've really paid too much attention. My mom does though.
    ch2002

Answer by ch2002 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree with the notion in theory, though it isn't always practical or possible. I've noticed that stores that sell goods made in the USA are advertising it in their window displays and such. Hopefully there's truth to it and it's not just a marketing ploy.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Same reason I avoid the u-scan isles...I'm thinking, hoping I'm saving at least one cashier's job by waiting in line.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I did at some point, but not so much anymore. I get what we need and don't really care where on the planet it came from anymore.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I look, but selections are so limited here that I'll usually buy it anyway. If I have a choice, I'll buy US. http://wcco.com/seenon/Made.in.America.2.347947.html says that 97% of clothes sold in the US are not made in the US.

Answer by Bmat at 9:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• That is a great idea. Unfortunately my Son would have absolutely NO toys if that was the case or clothing for that matter. Even his Apple Juicy Juice, although it is packaged in the USA, the fruit made to use it is either from China or Argentina. While clothing may be assembled in the USA, most fabrics are dyed and woven in other countries as well. It would be nearly impossible to buy Everything you use, eat or wear made in the USA only. That would be quite hard to accomplish. I give anyone credit who tries though.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No. If I see something I like or need, I buy it. I never look to see where it was made even after I bring it home.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010