do you believe in love? do you believe TRUE love exists?

i am so jaded. so hurt. so confused. i have 5 or 6 boyfriends in my "dating life" and all have cheated on me. im starting to wonder if all men are the same? i have been praying and PRAYING for a good man, but God has not answered that prayer. I know its all in his perfect timing. I see so many women out there who just settle. for example my sister, she married her husband because she got pregnant. she said "i owe it to my unborn child to give marriage a chance." my mother is married to a man will become extremely ill when he progresses in age. i see these women as settling. i then started to think if i knew any ladies who are truely happy and truely in love with their spouse or SO. i couldnt think of 1 person, male or female for that matter. so i ask are there any women out there who are IN love with their spouse or SO? does true love exist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• It does. Not all men are the same, but maybe there is some unresolved issue you have that attracts you to the same kind of men who turn out to be cheaters. I kept finding myself in similar bad relationships, I was making the bad choices in men over and over. I worked with a therapist for a while to figure out what it was that was drawing me to these men and what I really wanted out of a relationship and how to find that. I'm happily married to a wonderful man, it is true love.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes true love still does exist. First and for most you have to believe it in yourself.
    There are still men out there that want to love and be with one woman.
    It seems when you are looking for true love, it is no where around...
    it sneaks up behind you and surprises you.
    Good Luck sweetie ::))
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• not all men are the same. I'm in love with my boyfriend, he is the only man i have ever loved. But I don't ever see my self marrying him or marrying anyone. True love is real marriage is just what you make of it.
    kirstensmommie

Answer by kirstensmommie at 11:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• YES!! I thought the same thing. That there was no one out there for me. I thought it was me that was the problem though because I couldnt fall in love. I never in a million years thought I would get married. I am sooooo in love with my husband. I still cry when I hear a love song that reminds me of him because we are that close. (Happy tears of course) There is someone out there, but you, like me, are unwilling to settle for anything less than exactly what you are looking for! There is nothing wrong with that! If I would have married my ex (which I never would have in a million years) I would have just been settleing. Mr. Right is out there. And not all men cheat. I trust my husband not to cheat on me. I get shivers down my spine just thinking about him. Other people see it too. I am always being told that my face lights up when I talk about him.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• There are still some good guys out there. And when you find one, it's wonderful and sooo worth the wait. I've been married for over 12 years, and he truly is the best man on earth. I agree with riotgrrl. You seem to be stuck in a rut where you look for the same type of guy, and it doesn't seem to be working for you. I always wanted to date guys with a rough neck, thug type of attitude. and I always came up with less than what I wanted. I decided to go for the nice guy, the one who had a job and went to church and had a car and paid his bills.... And he's the rest of my life. Maybe step outside your norm and give someone different a try. Never know. Good luck!!
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• True love does exist. I swear. I know because I've found it in my boyfriend/fiance/father of my child. He's everything I ever hoped and dreamed a good man would be, and he's just as happy and satisfied with me. It took both of us a long time and a lot of searching to find each other, though, and we just happened to find each other by chance. We're young but we're very happy. I know it hurts and sucks sometimes, but when you look into the eyes of the man you know you want to spend the rest of your life with, you'll know that he's yours and you're his and that nothing, no matter what you do, can change that.

Above all things, I believe in love =D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I agree not all men are the same. There are some wonderful, kind and ethical men out there. You just have to take your time in finding them. If you start dating someone - pay attention and don't move so quickly. Take several months in getting to know them. And if you start seeing red flags, deal with it or leave them. Since you've had so many relationships with cheaters - you will know the red flags when you see them. And as another poster said, you may be subconsciously attracted to the same type of man who will be a cheater down the road. Pay attention to what is attractive to you and why. You just have to re-educate yourself. My father is a great man and so is my boyfriend. They do exist.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I absolutely believe that Love not only exists but is the most powerful force in the universe. The problem is that most people do not understand what Love is. You are sbsolutely correct in that most women are settling for a counterfeit of the real thing, and it is mainly because they are too impatient to wait for True Love. Love is more about committment than it is about feelings and sex, which is what today's woman seems to be looking for. I encourage you to wait for the Real True Love of a lifetime. Get yourself a copy of EVERY YOUNG WOMAN'S BATTLE by Shannon Ethridge & Stephen Arterburn. It will help and encourage you while you wait.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• How old are you????? You just might not be ready to settle down yet. Or your looking in the wrong place for a man

Answer by louise2 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2008