Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Federal and state taxes...withholding allowance

Ive always been a little confused about filling out the W-4 to indicate my withholding allowances. If I put 4 as my election, will that apply to my state taxes as well? I noticed with my last job that i had 4 as my election but for state it only said 1. Is there a different form for state taxes? a resident of VA

Answer Question

Asked by lybra975 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 5 (98 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I live in OH. Here we fill out a different W-4 form for the state then the feds. And, yes, the allowances are different. I'm sure it's the same for VA.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • Maybe that's why my state taxes be the same every year.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 8:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.