Moms-if you didn't have to work outside the home, would you?

Some days I just want to smack those Women Libbers of the '70s. Thanks for winning me the right to go out to a job, and still come home to all the crap I could've done during the day while the kids are at school!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:02 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Its really boring to just sit at home all day with no other adults to interact with...trust me.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yep, right now I work out of necessity, but even if I didn't have to I would at least work part time to avoid going criminally insane
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think I would still have to do something outside the home just to get a break from being at home all the time, but if money wasn't an issue, I would do something completely different than I do now.
    ch2002

Answer by ch2002 at 9:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would love to be able to stay home with my child until they were ready for kindergarten then go to work. I couldn't sit at home all day. One day a week alone would be nice though.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I am against mothers who work and dont have to! I think that you chose to have children, and you should stay home to support, and nurture their every need!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No I would not work if I didn't have to. I would spend time with my kids.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't HAVE to work outside the home, and at the moment, I don't. But I plan to go back ASAP. I hate being home full time! I work out of choice, I enjoy working and enjoy having extra income.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I love the work i do. It's part of my life, not just something i do for a paycheck.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes. I don't "have" to work now and I do.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• LOL, some days I have the same thoughts! I am lucky enough to be a SAHM but do plan to return to work when she's in school, can't imagine what I'd do home alone all day! Right now I'm enjoying watching all of her 1st's, she's 15 mo & the greatest kid! I'm so fortunate that my hubby's job allows us this luxury.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2010