Where would be the best place to get rid of baby clothes?

I have a ton of infant and toddler clothing I would like to get rid of. I would hate to give it away. Has anyone had luck selling kids clothing on Ebay? Do consignment shops give you anything for clothes? Thanks.

ch2002

Asked by ch2002 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• i was gonna say try consignment store,craigslist,ebay,yardsale,
    consignment stores dont give much back but sumtimes you get more if you choose to get store credit instead of cash so that way you can get clothes in whatever size you need now .
    yardsales people want the stuff for next to nothing .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Not sure about selling them, if you want to give them away I have a couple of suggestions. freecycle.org, craigslist, donate them to a local dv agency or homes for moms getting off drugs.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• we got these clothes donation bins in our county, I try to put them in there when I go to the grocery store. Sometimes I keep particular ones that have certain memorys attached.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• there are a couple of consigment shops where i live just for baby clothes and baby items i am going to use it for the bigger items. i used freecycle and salvation army in the past. try craiglist too you can always try to sell it there too. or also flea markets or have a garage sell too.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Try Craigslist... and some consignment shops do give you a little. I always give my girls' clothing to women's shelters and other donation centers simply because I feel someone else will be 100Xs more happy to receive them than I would be for the few dollars I would make selling them.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• You get money when the clothes are in nearly new condition and latest name brands, not faded glory. (lol, i overheard in a consignment store this week the worker telling someone they only take name brands, not faded glory). It's best to just GIVE away old baby clothes, donate them, than selling. Most people don't spend a lot on baby clothes, and when they do, they like new.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I usually give my kids clothes that dont fit anymore to our church, no i dont get any money for it but at least i know someone who really needs them will get it .. There was a consignment shop here that use to do trades. I would bring in 3 outfits that didnt fit and trade them for 3 'new' outfits.. Good Luck!
    gildea47265

Answer by gildea47265 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If you donate them to any charity (Goodwill, DV Shelter, etc.) you can still take a tax deduction.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have sold some stuff on ebay, shoes in really good shape do especially good on there. Also Craigslist. Consignment shops pretty much want you to give them what you have for nothing and yardsales have never been worth my time. Last time I had a yard sale I got so frustrated that I packed up everything I had and dropped it off at goodwill on the way home. Those people who come to yardsales really want you to give them what you have, I had a pair of like new nike shox that my son had outgrown for $5 and one woman picked them up asked the price and said "Your asking a fortune for your stuff, would you take $1?" When I said no she got all outraged...lol.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• there is a store in town here
    used kids stuff
    i take there
    they sell
    i can get store credit in a few days
    or you can get cash-have to wait a while for that

rummage sale great, but do not have the time for
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010