What would you do if the other moms you know (many of them at least) left you and your child off thier birthday child's party guest list?

I know a lot of moms from parent/child groups...and this whole summer, there were 3 parties that we MIGHT have been invited to...but were not. I then had to see all these HUGE parties photos posted on facebook. I wouldn't care if it was a small event...because we're not "friends" perse`...but I would have invited them...so I feel a little rejected about it...and sad that my son was left out.
PS: I have an idea as to "why" but I think it's crap...so I want feedback!

boomamma

Asked by boomamma at 9:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• wouldn't worry about it. Saves money on buying a gift for me and your child can wish their friend Happy Birthday at a later time (school, etc).
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• What can you do? It's not like you can make yourself be invited, so I think you just have to accept the fact that he wasn't invited. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it to the child either. That will just make him feel worse.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• try invitiny them to ur sons party when his bday comes up
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• if you're not 'friends', then don't worry about it. just because you are acquainted with someone socially, doesn't mean they or you should feel obligated to invite each other to your parties. i'm sure its just you who is feeling slighted..your child wouldn't know anything about it unless you told him/her. just let it go.
    if you want to be better friends with these mommies/kids, then act on it, and work towards a friendship. you can't push it on anyone. some people click and some don't.
    we don't invite social acquaintances to our parties..i'd feel weird to do so, if we weren't real friends. perhaps this is the reason??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:19 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• OP here: well...NOW I feel like NOT being friends with them. To me, they dropped the gauntlet...so it's clear they are not my friends.
    My son doesn't even know...so he's fine...I'm just kind of pissed off!
    boomamma

Comment by boomamma (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't be pissed off about it, I'd be happy that I know where they stand.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:51 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I understand where you're coming from....but honestly if it was me, I'd be very thankful to not be invited ! I really don't like all this kids' birthday parties stuff....I usually get so turned off with the whole "gift" thing...I love giving to people I know well, then the gift is meaningful because I know what they like....but when I'm responsible to buy my children's friends gifts it's like just buying something that you think ANY girl (or boy) would like...it's not personal, the child learns the wrong message and so on and so forth....just my own opinion i know, but I really hate being invited to birthday parties for people I'm not close with because you know the only reason you're being invited is for the gifts....it's not genuine....different story when you're close. I've told my daughters they can have a b-day party for their 12th and 16th, but "no gifts rule" will be specified and mandated, lol !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2010