cervidil

ok so i am 41 weeks preggers today i am getting induced on tuesday but they want me to go to the hosp on monday to get cervidil i have never had to get this with any of my other kids i was induced once before and had pitocin .what were your expriances with the cervidil ????

britme1027

Asked by britme1027 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is a tiny tampon like object they insert in your vagina. This helps thin you out and make you dialate. Unfortuneatly your not aloud to move for the first two hours of having it in. and if I remember correctly your not allowed to eat anything for 12 hrs. but it's been two years since I had it so I would look it up online or ask your doctor.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I had that with my third pregnancy. It was no big deal. Far less annoying than having your water broken. Unfortunately, no one told me how fast everything was going to happen. Apparently after you have had a few babies the cervidil works pretty quickly. Get plenty of rest before hand.

It felt just like when I went into labor naturally.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010