How are you mom's surviving "Back To School?"

My son started Kindergarten this week. It's been different not having him here at home w/ me and I miss him, but I have gotten so much done that I've wanted to do for a long time (and plan to do many more things). The getting up at 6 am is for the roosters though....I've never been a morning person. Just wondering how other mom's are doing out there.

ch2002

Asked by ch2002 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my dd dont start school until sept 8th and my ss dont start school until sept 9th .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My kids don't start until Sept 7th.  My youngest is in her last year of elementary and my oldest graduated high school in June but she is going back for another year to pick up her GPA so it will be business as usual but next year will feel weird because my youngest will be starting high school and my oldest will be starting college. YIKES!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• they went back on the 17th, and it's sooo strange only having one at home during the day!! My oldest is in 4th grade, and my middle child started kindergarten this year... next year the baby will be in K-4... I don't know what to do with myself. Actually looking for evening and weekend work right now- lazing off to get on here for a minute. lol
    As for mornings? My kids have always gotten up with the birds, and that means I had to as well. We have the "Saturday Rule" which means that children stay quiet and do not bother an adult until 9 am. Weekdays I get up at 5:30 to make breakfast, and take the kids to the bus. They started the year with an earlier morning bell, so their buses come 20 minutes earlier- that is the only thing that really bothers me.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• "It's the most wonderful time of the year....!!!" LOL :o) Seriously, we're ALL much happier when we have a schedule/routine.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's going pretty well, with today being the exception. They're driving me nuts this morning, and I'm sure I'm driving them nuts. I have class myself Mon/Wed/Fri so it seems to be the norm that those days are a little hairy. I agree, we're all much happier when there's a routine and schedule going on. As much fun as summer was with getting up when we were ready, I'm liking this much better. My kids are in kindergarten and 4th grade this year.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm finding that my son seems to be doing better too having a routine. He just seems more settled in just after these first few days of school. I think he's enjoying having all the kids to play with (he's an only child) and something to do all day.....he's a kid that needs to be constantly doing something to keep him out of mischief.
    ch2002

Comment by ch2002 (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I find it helpful to avoid watching commercial tv at this time of year, because the 'it's the most wonderful time of the year' variety of 'I hate children' ads are too annoying to watch over and over again. At least the rest of the year, the 'I hate children' ads are kept to a minimum...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:52 AM on Aug. 20, 2010