Do you think Jigsaw had it right?

You know... from the SAW movies? Just thinking... I really don't even view him as a killer. I think he was trying to help people apprecaite the life they had. If they wanted to live badly enough- they should be willing to DO anything to stay alive. Too many people are walking around throwing their life away by doing drugs, drinking till they puke, committing crimes, dwelling on their own problems so much that they are hurting those they love in the process and so on. He took those people and placed them in a situation where they were forced to look within and decide just how much they DID want to live. In THAT way, I think he was actually doing 'good'. It's not his fault that some thought about it too long and ended up dying...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• omgosh, ihartu!! lol!! have you had enough or not enough coffee this morning! lol!! my dh would love you, concerning this line of thought.

idk, though...i'm afraid of clowns, and jigsaw gives me the total creeps..i can't even think about it. lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:21 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• oh...yeah...that's ....some wonderful thinking going on there.........
    good and evil is all perception right?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• no,because that would make you just as bad as them. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Well i dont quite think that was the right was to handle it! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• because if they were to escape they would be so f*cked up in the head that they'd end up in a mental ward. How is that any better?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• logic from a horror flick lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:21 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I believe you are right about everything EXCEPT Jigsaw lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Not sure if he really had it right but love those movies!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• jewjewbee... right. I mean he thought he was doing good but some may see what he did as evil- it's all how you view it. Weird thing to think about, I know but for some reason when I watch those movies I can't help but sympathize with him knowing WHY he did that for people (after he and his pregnant wife tried to help people in bad situations, she ended up being killed by one of those people). He was pissed that people didn't appreciate life, but didn't go around outright killing those who were like that, he tried to help them- in a sick and twisted way- but it was STILL to help them.

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• butterflyblue19... but how is wrong to want to help people? The majority may view his ways as bad but he, himself, thinks he' doing something good. He does actually succeed in making people appreciate their lives and what they have, so why does the HOW matter if in the end, everything turns out for the better?

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2010