Is anyone here familiar w/ the Aldi grocery store?

We are doing to be in a town this weekend w/ an Aldi store. I was wondering if they have discounts that much lower than other grocery stores and if it would be worth the time to go look around there. Is their food a good quality?

ch2002

Asked by ch2002 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• most of their stuff is off brands you've probably never heard of.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• so is good, some is not. for the most part, its fine. and some things are cheaper. i've just never been to one that wasn't dirty! plus, i don't like having to bring my crap home in boxes, and you have to pay a deposit on the shopping cart. ?? its not much, but why?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• that place scares me. there is one being built like a 2 min drive from my house. i refuse to shop there.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• they dont have alot of the name brand things they have alot of off brand foods but they are pretty much the same thing .some things dont taste as good but mostly everything does .and they are a whole lot cheaper
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• stuff cheap and bring your own bags
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i agree w the firsat answer , wut u do is , u put .25 on your shopping cart so u can use it and then at the end u get it back , teh food is good , we goo there all the time , you may not know the brands of some foods but they still taste good ! and yes , its cheaper than in most places ..... so if i were you , i'd go so u can see for yourself and decide if you;d like to go back afterwards or not ! ; )

good luck !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yuck! Is all I have to say... It's mostly all processed foods, and like the old saying goes... "You get what you pay for". Go,see what they have to offer, then decide..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I love Aldi. They sell their own brand of almost everything, and there have been only one or two things I've bought that we didn't like. Their prices on produce are way lower than any other store in town and their stuff is fresh and good. I go there and buy everything that I can, but they don't carry everything so I still have to go to Walmart to finish. It's a very good place to shop and save money on the staples that we all need, and my husband prefers their milk over all the others, and even it is cheaper. You do have to bag your own groceries and provide your own bags, but they do have bags for sale--paper for 5 cents and big plastic ones for 10 cents. They also now have the reusable bags for sale--small for $.99 and large for $l.99. You should give it a try.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I tried it once. I didn't recognize any of the brands, so I didn't buy anything. I know people that shop there and say they get great deals, but I don't like buying products from unknown companies, I worry about the quality.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i like their food its good and cheep.
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2010