Why are there locks on the door to 7/11?

They're open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. What's the need for the locks?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just in case they close for some reason! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• hey
    nyx7
    you are stealing my bit
    lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• In case of an emergency they'd lock them to keep folks from wandering in. I guess if there was a fire that wasn't too bad but they needed to shutdown for awhile.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• In case they need to make a #2. LOL!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• LOL fiatpax, as I was posting the lightning one, which BTW was her's in another section the other 2 popped into my mind!
    Nyx7

Comment by Nyx7 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• maybe the doors just came that way or in case they have a reason to close up shop (renovations, etc)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:42 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• lmao.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Actually, there are several reasons why they have locks on the door. Emergency is one of them (fire, flood), the other is in case they get robbed they can keep the crime scene clean (you know, swab for prints thing)
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 9:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• if they get robbed, they have to close. if there's a hurricane, they may need to close (although they normally stay open unless it's a huge one), it used to be that at midnight shift if someone was late, making only 1 person working they'd have to lock the doors until they got there. not anymore. they just changed it, 1 person is allowed to have a shift on their own. my sister works at 7-11, my x step mom is a manager at another 7-11, i have a few friends that work at 7-11, and the district manager used to babysit me :) her kids now work there too. lol we joke cuz so far i'm the only child in the family that hasn't worked there.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Like many retail policies, if they are robbed they have to lock up as soon as the scene is safe and stay that way until the police get there. I used to work as a manager in a retail store and they said it was to protect us in case the robber came back. Which doesn't really make sense since it's glass doors lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2010