What to do? Hubby is best friend/great guy but I'm still in love with ex

I'm stuck between a hubby thats a best friend and an ex that I thought I would spend my life with. Ex and me had a long distance relationship that didn't work. Ex is back in the mix and all the feelings surfaced. I feel like I could have a second chance with ex. Would you choose your best friend or the love of your life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't know. My best friend IS the love of my life and we've been married for over 11 years. If you're married then you should honor and keep your vows. I would say you're probably having the "grass is greener" syndrome.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Thats a hard one to answer...I would say follow your heart...it usually leads you to the right place. Personally for me...my best friend is the love of my life only he screwed up big time and now we are in the process of getting a divorce. We both still have feelings for each other and maybe .... we just might get back together one day in the future.
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My God......I have been there and back twice...but I was not married....
    One thing my momma taught me was to follow your heart.
    Your in a very sticky situation...If I was in your place I would talk to my husband..
    tell him the truth..sure it is gonna hurt..but you need to be true to yourself and to him.
    In my case it did not work out with the guy that I thought I still loved...It was the memories that I loved...Good Luck
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I wouldn't have married anyone else tell I was over my ex..

Answer by louise2 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I would choose to stay right where you are. Friendship is the rarest of commodities, and as you have already seen, feelings come and go very quickly.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i married my DH after my fiance dropped off the face of the earth after 911 (military) no one knew where he was. and after all the moves i made, he never could find me. well he found me via myspace 1 yr ago (after 8 yrs of seperation and searching on both ends) and he is planning to move out here soon and I am defintley going back with him. you live this life ONCE. You only get one chance. Dont let anyone tell you what you 'need' to do. Do what YOU need to do to be happy. my dh is also a best friend. no romance whatsoever. I got married for my daughter. I am so happy to have the man i love back in my life and it is like we never left one another.
    Anonymous

• Stay with your husband and forget about the past
    Anonymous

• i had a long distance relationship that seemed perfect and was totally in love. now that i am happily married to another man i look back and glad i never married that other guy. turns out he has made a mess of his life and never got over his ex. so i think you need to get over your ex and stick with your husband. the grass only seems greener on the other side but you really will never know and if you leave you may not be able to come back. i would never risk that with a relationship that was only a long distance relationship in the beginning. well you should of never married when you still had feelings for your ex. people change and i'm sure your ex and you have.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Could it b that ur feelings r b u know that ur married 2 another man, u might still b thinking about wht u could have hd w/ the ex?? I know that's happened 2 me once but it made me realize what I have & learn 2 appreciate it more.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Sorry, but my honest opinion is that you already chose and it's too late to ask the question.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 3:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008