Is anyone in here against some or all vaccines? What alternative schedule do you follow?

I've been slow to give my baby vaccines. I do want to do more but not until age 12 mo. I have heard and read that there are some possible connection with Autheism. I have a cousin who daughter has this problem and a few co-workers.

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 11:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not against, but for my family I don't feel the flu shot is necessary. I have no reason to be against any of the other vaccines.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have heard about this... actually, I have carried around a copy of the new york times for three months now that I found at an attorney's office... it has a cover and an article talking about the Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccine, that is given usually around 5 months... I am so worried about it, because it is supposed to affect boys more than girls... I have a 5 month old boy, and an apptment for the MMR shot in one month!! I am so glad you asked... I would love to know also!
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 11:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I decided that i would only give my son 2 vaccinations at a time. It does make a little harder on me and him having to go every 6 weeks, but it is the best not getting 4 and 5 vaccinations at a time. Just my opinion! We are not doing the FLU shot, i haven't got the flu in over 10 years, so why start the shot now?
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It is supposed to make the brain and intestines too hot and they over work... somehow that is supposed to link to the cause of autism... (said link to the cause b/c it is not the cause... but somehow that has something to do with it) ...
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• check out the group "educate before you vaccinate". it has lots of info on shots, with website links for sources.

i personally have stopped vaccinating except for a few. and the only reason i get those is my husband is Chinese and we do go to China where hepatitis and polio are commonish.
    Ruimama

Answer by Ruimama at 11:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• when you double or triple up on vaccines you have a huge risk there for giving them too much mercury... this can cause brain damage.. this would bother me...
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 11:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• which ones do you get?? which do you not??
    dlwsbjmknox

• my son is 3 1/2 months old and thus far we has only had hib, dtap and pc.
    he received 2 of the 3 shots at his 2 month check up and then 1 month later he received the third shot. he'll receive boosters for these 3 but he won't receive any new vaccinations until he's 12 months old.

here are some links to dr sears delayed vaccine schedule. we based our vaccine schedule loosely on his. there are some that he recommends that we aren't getting, though.
    http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=298412
    http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/12_childhood_vaccines.asp
    http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/labels/Alternative%20Vaccine%20Schedule.asp
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Thanks...It's VERY HARD for me to trust the FDA and pharmaceutical companies.  They make so many mistakes and we don't hear about them enough. 

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My doctor is wonderful about explaining which shots he needs and which ones are optional. It turns out that I give him about half of the vaccines that most kids get and NEVER NEVER NEVER give a flu shot to a child (or an adult for that matter)
    MykolMommy

Answer by MykolMommy at 1:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008