Voting abroad???

I am curious if anyone can help me out here. My hubby is military and currently deployed. Now, he is registered to vote BUT since he's deployed, he has up to 90 days after he comes home (redeploys) to cast his vote. Does this make sense to you? It goes for anyone who is on official orders. So basically, let's say he doesn't get home until December for example. He then has 90 days to cast his vote which would be around March, the President will already be in office? How does his vote count??? Does this seem a little messed up to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought they casted absentee votes.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 11:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• http://www.fvap.gov/index.html
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 11:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes the can do absentee ballots BUT if they don't, then this is the policy otherwise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well to make sure my vote counted I would definitely do absentee then.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 11:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I know but the problem is that most of them can't. Being out on missions etc it's hard for them to fill it out and get it back in time. I"m sure it's fine for most but I was just curious as to why they had that amount of time after the elections were over? I mean, what if all the people did it and then what would happen, would they kick out the president and say , sorry sir but you really weren't elected? LOL I guess it's just odd to me? Makes me feel like our votes don't really count ya know? I hope I"m making sense? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You definitely are making sense...I just don't really know the answer.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 11:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well, that makes two of us! LOL
    Anonymous

• He can do an absentee ballot..I did it.It was actually easier for me than I thought.You can find out more If you go to your home state government site.He can Also talkt o someone over there in his unit to help him
    AndreaH151

Answer by AndreaH151 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2008