Do you think maybe the Christians are so pushy because they are right?

I'm not Christian. I'm not anything. I'm very torn. So this is really just a thinking about it question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. I think they're pushy b/c they THINK they're right and too closed-minded to accept that they may be wrong.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Nope, man made religion, god made spirituality. when you break em all down to the core they all say the same thing. So how can one be right when they just use different terms to say the same thing?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm still trying to figure out what gives them the right to be pushy and arrogant about a religion and a belief that is based on a book that no one can say isn't fiction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Not all Christians are pushy. I'm Christian myself, but I think most of the pushy ones seem to be trying to convince themselves of their own beliefs. Shoving religion down someone's throat rarely has a positive outcome regardless of which religion it is.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• What they believe may be right for them (and I am Christian, so bear with me), but that doesn't mean that they're absolutely right. God is so much bigger than any of us can imagine, and to believe for one minute that we can get Him to fit into a little religious box in order to put a monopoly on Him is ridiculous. He is so much more than can be described or made to fit into one set of religious beliefs, and He is not confined to our particular doctrine (although I do reject much of the doctrine, so not "our", but I digress). At most it is our attempt at understanding Him, of relating to Him, and to not be able to accept that others understand or relate to Him in different ways if foolishness. For Something as immense and great as He is, there can not be just one way, and I think that's the whole point.... If it weren't possible for Him to be reachable by all, despite the differences, He wouldn't be great enough to be God...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• They're so pushy, because deep down they know they could be wrong.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• NO! I think they are so pushy because they are arrogant enough to think they know what's right for everyone... If their beliefs are right for them - GREAT! But who are they to choose what is right for me or my family? Then we have to get in to the "Which Christian group is right?" IF they can't even decide what is right and what is wrong, how can they justify pushing it on anyone else?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• who decides that 'they ' are the correct ones
    i was raised christian
    but i will leave the judgement up to God on judgement day

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think that when Jesus stated that he is the only way to the Father, it seems no other religion said that, also all other prophets are still in their graves where as Jesus is not. I think this gives them the idea that it is true and therefore they push because they want people to see that he is different from all others because of his claims.  The reality is none of us knows what is true until we get there on the other side.

maisydays

Answer by maisydays at 10:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• they are pushy because they THINK they are right. they have no way of knowing they are right though, no one does.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2010