Did Christ require us....

to be vegetarians?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Um, no.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 11:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• No, I've never read anything that would imply that. I only know a couple vegetarians, and they're all atheists.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• No. Nor did he "require" us to eat meat. I see this turning into a veggie vs. meat war, but I don't see that either are WRONG. It's just a personal preference.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• No God required the Jews to only eat certain meat in the old testament. But He never said anything about only eating veggies or only eating meat. Imo the whole only eat certain meats thing had to do with He was keeping them from getting sick. Example: They werent allowed to eat pig. Pig spoils very easily if not kept in a cold enviroment. In those times there wasnt a fridge or freezer, so I believe he told them not to eat it for health reasons.
    Anonymous

• Oh gosh...if it does show me pls.
    Anonymous

• I'm a vegetarian and a Bible Believing Christian, I do not see anywhere that the Bible requires, or even promotes vegetarianism. I've read articles like "Jesus was a Vegetarian" in the past and I don't agree with them. Jesus celebrated the Passover, in which he would have eaten lamb I believe, and Jesus ate fish. And later on I think it was John who had the vision that all animals were ok to eat.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 3:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• No, but it does say in the Bible that meat has to be bleed first. Like you wouldn't eat blood, woud you. But t like eating only veg. and fruit, it is quite healthy,
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 6:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2008