Questions for ppl that make jewlery, please help

I made my first pair of guitar pick earrings the other day and ppl when wild for them. I was going to keep my first pair but a girl begged me for them so i sold them to her. I have been planing on designing jewelry for a while. I used to make necklaces all the time. One of my questions are what do i need to start making earrings, and necklaces. The other is where on the Internet is the cheapest place to get small beads (like if you say eBay be specific and tell what eBay store) and do you know a cheap place to get guitar picks. Guitar pick jewlery is one of my interest but i would also like to make simple earings with crystal beads.

KRISTAL_WILDER

Asked by KRISTAL_WILDER at 11:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• All you really need to get started are some pliers and findings like jump rings and earrings wires. I got my set of pliers at Wal-mart in the craft section and they work great. As for stores that sell beads, Ebay is a good place. I don't know any specific store names to tell you. I would just recommend looking up crystal beads or whatever beads you wanted. They also have findings and anything else you might need. Another good site is www.etsy.com they have lots of supplies and are a great place to sell at because it's all handmade stuff
    brock-lee

Answer by brock-lee at 11:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Try Fire Mountain Gems, I absolutely looove them, they have catalogs, you may request them for free and of course a huge website. Just browse their site and you will see what they have, Huge quantities of everything.
    Love, Bea
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 10:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Find a good bead store in your area and take a Jewelry 101-type class. They'll teach you the basics. You can probably pick up great suppliues on ebay.

I list on Etsy. my shop is http://laurastaley.etsy.com. There are many examples of guitar-style jewelry there. I'm getting ready to list one this week. I have pictures of the one I'm getting ready to list, if you want to see.

I think most important is to only allow your best quality work to be sold, make something unique, and market your fanny off. It won't sell if you don't. Tell everybody,m wear your jewelry, give away some to people who will recommend, and try to get stores to purchase from you. Great luck!
    Laura_Lee

Answer by Laura_Lee at 6:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I agree with Laura Lee, a local bead store will probably have classes, I remember taking one and that how I started, I was basically teaching myself at home, by reading a lot of on line information. I have a ton of beading magazines and most of the time they will have instructions that will get you started, too. You just need to provide time and motivation,LOL.
    Bea
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 12:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2008