If the christan first commandment says......

"Do not have any gods before Me", does that mean it's OK for christians to have other gods, as long as they are secondary gods?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• No a christian cannot have secondary gods.. the next verse is below.

Exodus 20:5 You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods.

bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• God said that he would rather we were hot or cold.....meaning with me or not with me..... that's not a suggestion.... it's a direct word. If you are with God AND with God II then you are not with GOD.... you are with two gods.... He said if you are 'luke warm' (which is a mixture of two), then he would spew you out of his mouth. That's pretty clear to me...
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• NO...that means you worship God and him alone. This is what makes Christianity a monothestic religion like Islam and Jewish.
    Anonymous

• Secondary God means idol worship...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Nope
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Exodus 20:5 You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods.

That is just scary. 

njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 6:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• but you're supposed to worship Jesus and Mary, and others... doesn't make a lot of sense does it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Nope...Who said anything about worshiping Mary? The bible says nothing about worshiping her. She was just a woman who had jesus. We do not worship her nor does the scriptures say for us to. That is some doctrine that was made up.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• If there are other gods than how do you know whose heaven/hell you will go to? Or where you will be in your afterlife?
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• And if god is all powerful, why is he so jealous? If I was all powerful, I think I would be too confident to be jealous. lol ( second sentence was a joke)
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2008