What should I do when it comes to my friend?

We have been friends for 24 years and she is doing some crazy stuff around my kids. I spoke to her about it, but it is like she never grew up I know she loves my kids but I don't want them to learn stealing, dieting and doing the crazy things she does. I even notice she needs to drink to have a good time. There were two incidents I was so mad about, she stole air freshner out of a pizza parlor, they had to know it was her it is a new place and we were the only people in there. Also, she threw a fit when we went to dinner together with the girls, she like a child. I was at awww...
I still love her and want to be friends with her, but I need to change when and where we hang out..
I am not going to mean she is my friend. How would you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I would move on and find other people to hang out with. I am not friends with people who steal.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would just tell her that you feel your lives are going in different directions and if she cannot act like an adult when your kids are around, she will not be welcome around them.

sorry, but there comes a time when you learn that each friend serves a different purpose. It sounds like she is the party friend. I would find a 'mommy' friend that has the same interests as you when it comes to kids and leave the partying with the other friend.

It doesn't mean that you have to stop being friends with her, you just have to understand what uses she is for now and being part of a family...that doesn't sound like it's for her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If you want to be around her, do so without your kids.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• find other people to hang out with
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Your children will learn from her, which doesn't sound like a good thing. She sounds poisonous.

Answer by Bmat at 10:21 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• sounds like shes immature and u shouldnt have her around ur kids
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 11:19 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would tell her straight to her face and then move on. She has some issues she needs to take care of. None of us are going to die if we don't have an air freshner in our home...stealing is wrong no matter how you slice it, but really? Air fresheners? I think there is a bigger underlying problem here.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2010