Fingerfood ideas for 16 month old?? Help!

rcbrown

Asked by rcbrown at 11:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The Gerber Finger foods ARE GREAT! Amberlee loves the fruitsnacks.. they melt in her mouth.. I started giving those to her at 12 months!!
    I used to give her thier brand of cheese crackers and cheetos! Cherrios are always great!!
    AmberleesMoMMy

Answer by AmberleesMoMMy at 11:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• kix, my son also loves the popcorn puffs, they melt in ur mouth, hotdogs, string cheese, those kinda things are good
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• PLEASE DON'T BASH ME, but hotdogs scare the heck out of me as do the cheerios, string cheese and fruit bites. I'm afraid she will choke, even though she has a mouth full of teeth. I think my fear is hindering her eating. I know I probably sound crazy.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 11:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My son's almost 10 months & he loves Cheetos puffs. He eats the Parents Choice Puffs (or Gerber), green beans, mum-mums, or even the packages of cookies that are chocolate vanilla, & strawberry wafers with cream in the middle.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 11:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have fed my 14 month old hot dogs, cheese, pretty much all adult food cut up into like 1/2 inch pieces. Cheerios are the best starter food they melt in the mouth really well and the hole in the middle is there for a reason. It wont block the airway. Someone great to ask is call your local WIC through the county even if you don't qualify with them they will give you information. You can't be afraid of your child choking on things like this. You just have to watch them, babies have a great gag reflex. Not to come down on you but right now being so afraid of these simple foods you are limiting your childs tastes. You have to introduce new things. If not you are going to be lugging around jarred food for them until they are 20. My daughter started on table food when she was 8 months.
    Mrs.Bauer

Answer by Mrs.Bauer at 11:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes I agree... you need to introduce more foods the her cause the same things over and over again get discusting and boring so maybe swich it up. Whats funny is everyone tells me how over protective I am as a parent and I think it might even irratated people at time but I have been giving my son those things since 12 months. I used to get real nervous as well but I would just give him half of a puff and then once I knew he could handle that then he could have the whole one. But Im quit shur she can handle all of those things right now.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• pretty much what all the other mom said is what my daughter loves........ i want to add to the popcorn puffs my daughter loves them and they are white so they dont make a mess like the cheese puffs its is also good for when we watch movies and i have popcorn she always wants some but i just give her the puffs
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2008