Do you monitor your children online sites

I check my daughters facebook page daily. When ever she log on to her aol site, I get an email. Do you think I am too strict? She is 9 yo. When do you think I should stop?

Miss.Sheka

Asked by Miss.Sheka at 10:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I check up on everything my kids log into. I think it's being safe, not strict.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Stop? When she moves out?
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I never checked up on what they were doing, but the computer was always in the main space of the house and I often sat with the kids to see what they were finding, because they wanted me to be involved as much as anything else.

This was the same with the tv: we didn't restrict the tv in any way, but we only had one, and it was where I could hear it from anywhere in the house. Handy, having a small house.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes I do monitor what my oldest does. There are too many weird people out there. Look at the reports of creeps pretending to be kids.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• At age 9 I think you should be aware of what your child is doing online, but I think a better alterative to spying is the just move the computer to a "family space" less invasive
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• At age nine, my child wouldnt even have facebook! But yes, I will check when he is old enough to use those sites. I will check them till he moves out!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yes i check everything they watch online and tv. Too many weird people can find our children online. It is not invasion of their privacy it is for their protection and my peace of mind.
    pascale10

Answer by pascale10 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yeah i check my kids websites and i will not stop until they are in there own house taking care of there own responsibilities.
    Momofcrazy3

Answer by Momofcrazy3 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yes
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• She's TOO YOUNG for facebook anyway. Their rules state that you must be at least 14. So IF she has an account on there, then she lied about her age. And to answer your question, YES, WE CHECK ON OUR DD'S ON-LINE ACTIVITY.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:51 AM on Aug. 21, 2010