different sides for chicken

I'm making fried chicken for dinner tonight and I want something different with it besides the usual mashed potatoes and a vegetable, but it can't be too difficult

krissybear2003

Asked by krissybear2003 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Food & Drink

• coleslaw goes good with fried chicken. Have you ever tried twice baked potatoes? That would be a new twist on mashed potatoes.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 11:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I often make a pasta salad w/ fried chicken. I put in lots of raw veggies so I don't make another side. Or what about biscuits and a big green salad?
    preshies5

Answer by preshies5 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• what about a chedder broccoli rice side and some rolls?
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 12:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• frozen section of the grocery store. Thaw saute with butter and onions and give everybody a treat!!! PIEROGIES!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well this is too late for tonight, but I really like rice pilaf or cous cous pilaf with chicken. All you need to do is dice some veggies, whatever you like...I use zucchini, yellow crooked neck squash, carrots..whatever I have. For rice, saute the rice in a bit of butter & olive oil first, then add veggies, including minced onion or shallot, and saute another minute or so, then add chicken stock. Cover, simmer until rice is tender.
    For cous cous, saute the veggies, again with onion or shallot, then add stock and bring to a boil. Add cous cous, cover, remove from heat. In 5 minutes, you're done!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2008