if you knew your dh was lying to you....

but he refuses to tell the truth, what would you do?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 10:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Just remember that every lie eventually comes out. What's that phrase.."What's done in the dark will come to the light". You can keep badgering him for the truth, you can calmly discuss till you're blue in the face, but he probably won't confess until he's ready or slips up to where you find more proof.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Show him the proof, and go from there.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:21 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• tell him you know he is lying..and that it would make things easier to just fess up and tell the truth
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Remind him how you are going to be more upset at the lie rather than what he's lying about. Tell him it's not worth it.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'd discuss it with him. I'd be sure to word it from my point of view. "I have a concern" "I am worried about" "I am wondering about" Then say the part that you are wondering about. "I notice that" "It appears to me that" "I have a feeling that" and then say what his action should be "I hope that you'll help me understand this." "What would you think if you were in my position?" "Do you see why I am concerned?" "Please help me understand so that I won't be worried anymore."

Answer by Bmat at 10:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• There's usually always a way to get proof. I would get proof and show him the evidence, unfortunalty liars like to keep lying even when there's evidence so I would also tell him flat out that I knew he was lying and tell him you can't move past this until the truth comes out.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• How do you know? Like did you catch him doing something?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• depend on what he is lying about first off
    a few lies are better than others
    like maybe a lie to save feelings
    a lie because he is planning a surprise gift for you

but more likely you are talking about something else
    sorry, you have to go through this

if he was lying about, cheating etc, i would gather info before confronting, or if you confront too soon, he will only hide his actions more
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i dont want to say what it is but i know he did it and i know he is lying. i dont really know that i can show him proof. its his actions that are making me know for sure.
    cassie_m

Comment by cassie_m (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• What do you suspect he is lying about? You could probably get a better answer if you told
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010