Do you feel that

religious tolerance should go both ways? I've noticed that many Athiests cry out for "tolerance!" but then use derogatory and demeaning words towards Christians.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Of course it should go both ways. Christians are the only group in which it's acceptable to mock and discriminate against these days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Christians have a persecution complex. Above poster, you're saying that Muslims aren't discriminated against or Pagans? Hmmm? Ya Right! Get over yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I hope I am reading that wrong or something...... Anonymous did you mean that Christians are the ones that are being mocked and discriminated against or that they are the only ones who do the mocking and discriminating?
    In either case I don't think it's true.... all religions have some form or discrimination against another.
    I can't even say that Atheists in particular are more intolerant than any other. Plenty in my own 'religion' are intolerant, and plenty in other religions are intolerant. I think it's a people thing.... it depends on the person and their willingness to either tolerate or attack.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It does need to go both ways, we are not always going to agree but there is no need to bash someones beliefs.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• See, the difference between atheist is most of them don't force you not to believe in god. But christians try to force people to believe in god, thats why they get so annoyed.
    Anonymous

• Tolerance needs to be thru and thru....but alot of people dont see it that way...
    Anonymous

• Sure it should.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Anonymous you need to correct that. SOME christians try force their belief of God on you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2008