What do you think of people you brag about themselves & family all the time?

I myself don't like to be around someone who likes themself TOO much to the point they look down on others. Now I'm talking in your own circle of friends. I like people in general and try to give everyone a chance for who they are, but I just have a problem with an I LOVE ME attitude and your beneath me .We are who we ARE, and that's that, some prettier, some smartier, some richer. How do you feel with these kind of friends, and they are in our circles, because we have friends thru work, and S/O etc. so it's not an I don't have friends like that, we all have come across this kind of person some time in our lives, even if it is just in your life in general.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I have an aunt like that, she is always bragging and she is never interested in what i have to say. She always brags about stuff she bought. She shops 6 or 7 days a week, i think she has a shopping disorder. She exaggerates real bad too, i can't stand that. I really can't stand being around her and talking to her. No matter what you got, she got better. No matter what you done she done been there and done that or she done better. She knows everything. She tries to out do people. I think she is insecure and just loves the attention she gets by bragging.
    I have a Step-son like that too, he brags and lies about stuff, and he exagerates very bad to the point that he is lying so much, you can't believe anything he say. I can't stand to be around people like that. My Step-son quit coming around and we really don't miss him.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• That deep down they are insecure.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i think they are insecure and hungry for attention.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yeah, I've had an acquaintance like that. She bragged all the time, and she wasn't interested in hearing what I had to say. I decided she wasn't someone I liked to be around.

Answer by Bmat at 10:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't think they're insecure deep down, I think they're insecure right up at the top.

They're tedious to be around, as deeply needy people tend to be. They can be funny, but they don't tend to enjoy being laughed at, so I wander away.

Generally, arguing with them is an utter waste of energy.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• they are playing up the good to hide the bad
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I had a friend like that...........not only did she brag about herself, but she exaggerated big time. It was so annoying. I really wondered who she was trying to convince everyone else...or herself. Anyway, I don't talk to her anymore.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• They just want to be the center of attention and be mean to others. I have family like that. they think they are better than everyone and compete with my family alot. I just dont pay attention to it.
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 11:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We don't have those kind of friends, and if we did it wouldn't take long for me to tell them to STFU!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• They are insecure and act/talk the way they do to try to convince themselves and others that they are something they are not. I don't think they are comfortable in their own skin.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 20, 2010