Did you drink alcohol before you turned 21? How? Do you think you children will?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Health

• i drank more before I was 21 then I do now. I always looked older than I was so i could buy it. Now that I'm 23, I get carded all the time. lol. But having kids has slowed me down a lot so I may have a drink every few months or so. I'm worried that my kids may start drinking before they turn 21 but I plan to have open communication with them and hopefully they will talk to me when they feel the need to drink. If I can't stop them, I would much rather know what they are doing so I can think about their safety.
    SASSYBBP

Answer by SASSYBBP at 12:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• nope. Didn't drink it much AFTER 21 either.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No. The fact that it was against the law was enough to deter me. It wouldn't surprise me if my children did, but thank goodness they didn't get in any kind of trouble by it.

Answer by Bmat at 10:43 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yes I did. And do yes I do think my kids will as well, I'm not naive most people do before 21.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Oh,my son better not!

• Yes. Older friends bought it for me. I hope not.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I had some before 21. And my son had a sip of wine. He will be like me. Not really a drinker.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i did, i dont know exactly how but my cousin always had someone who would buy her alcohol. of all 5 of my children there is only 1 that i am worried about, and she and i have talks about it often even though she is young, i want it to be in her head tough by the time its ever offered to her,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:42 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes I did. Older friends bought it for me. Also, by the time I was 18 I was allowed to have a few beers at family get togethers where we stayed the night (usually camping) I am pretty sure my son will be allowed the same once he is 18
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 10:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yup I sure did, as far as how I got the alcohol, that was too long ago to remember. My 16 year old has had alcohol, but very little and with us. He's had a glass of wine with dinner or a sip of this or that. Also we were in Mexico and hub and I let him have a beer.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2010