my 7mo old refuses to sleep through the nite. he's fed, not fussy, just wont sleep! im loosing my mind! how can i remedy this?

he's breastfed, on oatmeal and various other "solids." when he wakes at nite, he's just not wanting to sleep. my nocturnal child is controlling our home. I need some answers, i feel like this is a poor reflection of me as a mommy.

crystal1224

Asked by crystal1224 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try giving him a bath after dinner and keep him awake during the day... He may be getting to much sleep before bed- and the bath will wake him up and wear him out a little so a few hours later he will knock out- and feed him right before you put him down. Good luck!
    armywife_88

Answer by armywife_88 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Does he sleep in his own room? Is there anyway you can bring him into bed with you for a while? Maybe he just needs to be near you right now to go to sleep.
    Anonymous

• He may be a little old for this new product, but check out www.magicsleepsuit.com. Its designed to help babies sleep better and longer. It was designed by a mom and pediatric pysical therapist to help sooth babies and helps prevent those twitches babies do that wake them prematurely.
    Anonymous