Help! My son is almost 6 months old...He was starting to sleep through the night, but has reverted back to getting up every three hours. We have tried the Johnson's lavender bath routine...it seems to invigorate him...not make him sleepy...Mom and dad are really very tired and not getting great sleep...so it is a bad cycle...any ideas on how to get him to sleep better..any advice is welcome!

Need help setting good sleeping habits for a 6 month old.

portakolis08

Asked by portakolis08 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First things: My sons ped told us to stop using lavender because it makes little boys grow boobies?? something to look into.
    My son did this too and I had to have my friend who watched him during the day try to keep him up more. He took too many naps and didn't want to sleep when i was ready. try to keep him awake, he'll be fussy at first, but you will all get on a schedule together.
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 11:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Don't let him sleep during the day for long periods. Make sleep time quiet. If the lavender is keeping him awake then don't use it. At night time read him a story and make cuddle time. No loud noises, lights, activities that would keep him awake. Make sure to feed him a good meal. Even if you have to give him rice cereal or oatmeal. As far as the lavender making boys grow boobs this would only happen if he was taking a lavender pill. Not just taking a bath. There is not enough in the bath to do anything.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• mind you I have 3 boys all of them have been given bath in the lavender wash and yeah no boobs. sorry. I think that is something that needs to be researched more.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• He's probably having a growth spurt or teething, both can interfere with sleep.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• with the johnsons soap i heard more that it has more cancer causing agents in it then deemed fit by the fda..never heard about boobies. when my daughter when to daycare she would come home whooped. i guess she got played out. but also, stroller rides seemed to exhaust her because there was just so much to take in. i would take her for a long stroller ride and she would literally hve to be woken up in the morning ahahh.
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 12:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My daughter did the same thing. We now stick to a schedule. We found that it is much easier on everybody. Naps are around the same time everyday, and bath time is at the same time every night. We found that sticking to a schedule really helps. Make sure your baby is not too tired when you lay him down, that can also cause restless sleep. This really helped with my daughter, and I hope it can help you
    toriandava

Answer by toriandava at 1:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008