one year old sleeping

my almost 13 months old daughter is a terrible sleeper and always has been except for the first few months after she was born. i nursed her til she was 10 months and so began co sleeping somewhere in there because she would get up so often to nurse. now she sleeps in her crib til midnight and then i take her to bed with me. i started doing this because she was getting up so much after that and it was so hard to keep going in there and rocking her or giving her a bottle so i just put her in my bed. she stll gets up as often but goes right back to sleep with a bottle. lately for the past couple days she doesnt even want the bottle. she just pushes it away. she will move all around and just cry but i never know what to do. eventually she goes back to sleep. sometimes i try rockng her other times i try bottle. sometimes shes up for a couple hours durng the night just movng around. i need help, im exhausted and cranky all the tme!

annie27713

Asked by annie27713 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • mine did the same thing. as long as she is safe and doesnt actually need anything you should ignore her and she will give up and go back to sleap
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• one time she cried for 2 hrs i couldnt take it
    annie27713

Comment by annie27713 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My daughter is 14 months and has started getting her molars in and we're going though a similar situation. I just feel so bad for her I know that has to hurt. Just try to be patient and know that this won't go on forever. She's probably going through some kind of change, growth spurt, teeth, etc. Sometimes my daughter doesn't want to eat she just wants to be held. Laying down can make teething more painful, so we'll go sleep in the recliner. Do you have help at night, DH or SO? If so take turns getting up and comforting her so that you don't bare the brunt of the sleep exhaustion.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'd ck on the teething, if so get something to rub on them. Then maybe you'll both feel better and get a goods nights sleep. Good luck, I had a colicky baby for 3 mos and it can get rough.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010