Favorite sauce you prepare for pasta?

Do you prefer a meat sauce, clam sauce, white sauce, a chunky sauce, regular, with vegetables, etc. I usually go for a spicy sauce since pasta needs some spice to enhance it's flavor. How about you?

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Spaghetti Sauce
    Ingredients
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1/2 onion, minced
    1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 pound ground beef
    4 slices bacon
    2 (4 ounce) jars mushrooms, drained
    1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    2 tablespoons garlic powder
    2 tablespoons dried oregano
    1/2 cup white wine
    3/4 cup sugar
    salt and pepper to taste
    Directions
    1.In a skillet over medium heat, cook onion and bell pepper in oil until transparent. Add beef to onions and peppers; cook until brown. Set aside.
    2.Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Reserve drippings and crumble bacon. Combine drippings and crumbled bacon with the beef mixture.
    3.Add mushrooms, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic powder and oregano. Pour in wine while stirring. Stir in sugar, then salt and pepper. Cook until hot.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I like a chunky tomato-y marinara with tons of mushrooms.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Peel and dice some Roma tomatoes, chop 1/4 smallish white onion and 1 rib of celery finely and smash a garlic clove. Sautee the onion, garlic and celery in a little olive oil until the onion is soft and lightly gold. Add the diced tomatoes and frizzle it all about; the tomatoes will dissolve quite a bit. Once you begin to get a little bit of sticking and browning of the tomatoes, add 1/4 cup dry white wine to deglaze the pan, reduce the wine down and add 1/4 cup heavy cream. Bubble it up for a few minutes until it begins to thicken, then take it off the heat. Cook your pasta al dente, drain it well and add it to the sauce. Stir it all about over lowish heat, add a pat of butter and 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan and continue to "marry" that pasta and sauce until all the pasta is evenly coated and the sauce has thickened more. Correct the seasoning and serve.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I usually make a red sauce with diced tomatoes, a lot fresh basil, garlic, fresh chopped italian parsley, pepper, a little bit of salt and some olive oil. I dilute it with about a cup of pasta water. Then I separate it so the kids some for their pasta and add crushed red pepper to ours. I serve it over penne so the sauce sticks to the lines in the pasta. It is very light. One thing about us and Italian food is that our sauces are very heavy compared to pasta sauce in Italy.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My husband makes a great tomato sauce from scratch with who knows what in it. When he's not around, my limited cooking skills heat up some Prego!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My homemade Pesto-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Alfredo!! But when I'm trying to watch what I eat, I make a spicy and meaty red sauce.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My family likes when I either make

tomato, hot sausage, mushroom and ground beef

or

white wine, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, fresh parmesan cheese and shrimp(shrimp scampi linguini)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Peanut sauce is the best!

Answer by rkoloms at 12:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I make homemade spaghetti sauce from a recipe from my grandmother who was from Italy. Can't get any better than that. I do make a very good white clam sauce and an awesome scampi sauce.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010