DH and I are planning another baby, but at the same time I have to have a colonosgraphy done.

I have to have this done September 7th. I am 28 years old I have to have it done because ever since I had my 2.5 year old I have had problems going to the bathroom. But we were also planning on having another baby in Sptember. Can I still go on with my plan or do I have to wait until all this is done?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I would ask your doctor. If it was me, I'd wait. If there actually is a problem, I can only imagine it would be aggravated by pregnancy. If you're referring to constipation, that only gets worse with pregnancy, as most of us know, lol. September 7th isn't far away, so to be on the safe side, I'd wait. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would probably just wait I mean it's only a few weeks
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm assuming you mean you are planning to start ttc in Sept. The World Health Org recommends waiting at least 3 years before ttc if you had a normal vaginal birth. It would be wise to wait a little longer any way. You have to do a special diet before the colonoscopy (if that's what you mean) I had diarrhea for a month and lost 12 pounds. I got very weak. My colon is very sensitive.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:26 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

Yes we are planning to start TTC in September. I had my second baby 3 months before my first turned 3. I talked to my OB/GYN about having another with baby 2 which he said was fine. I just talked to OB/GYN again last week about having another baby with my youngest being 2.5 he said it was fine. WOW hope I don't have it that long lol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would wait until you have the test done and have gotten a clean bill of health.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010