What are some typical medical test a male should start having done around the age of 39/40?

I made an appointment for my dh with the doctor...he's FINALLY agreed to go..can you believe it? lol
I want to make the MOST of this appointment for him because who knows when I will get him to go again.
I made the appointment because of some symptoms he has been experiencing for well over a year now of extreme dizziness and nausea and more recently fatigue and numbness in his feet and hands at night.
Is he at an age where they should be administering the stress test? And what other tests should I jot down and request to be done?
Thankyou all in advance for your advice and help!!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Health

• I agree with mommy11260!! The exams men dread the most are due at his age...baseline tests/screenings are very important!! Remind your husband that a little discomfort is better than dealing with a life threatening condition and then add in that you somehow survived MANY hours of labor and discomfort giving birth to HIS children for a little perspective!! :o) LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Colonoscopy, prostate exam, routine bloodwork (check for diabetes, high cholesterol, etc.)
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• diabetes is one I'd suggest with those symptoms. My mom's a diabetic and the dizzy, nausea and fatigue are all things that happen to her when her blood sugar is out of wack. and diabetes untreated can cause numb hands and feet.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Stress test, BP, cholesterol, blood sugar/diabetic screenings ... those are the ones my husband has had (he's 47) in the past several years.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2010