How do you organize your yarn?

I admit it, I'm a yarn addict! Now I have to figure out how to organize my yarn. Have any ideas? What do you do with your yarn? Where do you store it?

xpandyourmind

Asked by xpandyourmind at 11:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Oh no... I've been there... I'm a stasher of pretty yarn.... I actually keep mine in big lidded rubber maid containers so they are protected. I have had to cut back because of the economy and the fact that you can't get the weekly .99 specials at Hobby Lobby anymore. I love pretty expensive yarn that is CHEAP! ROFLMAO...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Get the containers from Wal-Mart that have 3 drawers. :)
    i.heart.rachel

Answer by i.heart.rachel at 11:20 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• old baby wipe containers or Cardboard box with holes cut in the top or side with all different color yarn coming out. Both ideas roll yarn into balls first.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I have also found that tuperware containers work for me, also there is this thing( I cant remember what it is called) on the Walmart website that helps ball up the yarn with the top and bottom of the ball being flat so it wont roll away from you.
    andi2angel

Answer by andi2angel at 3:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Right now mine is all in giant space saver bags because we moved. Before I had this little wire stand and had it all in there and some in a crate. Left over balls go in a pretty basket.
    Some day I plan to have a shelving unit I saw at Ikea with the square sections and clear plastic drawers so I can show off some of my yarns.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't. I keep my stash in an airtight sealed plastic tote with locking handles. When I am working on a project, the yarn that I'm working with goes into a large canvas tote that holds my project and whatever else I need to compleate it. I only work one project at a time so it works out well. The tote keeps the yarn clean and I can carry it, work on it and stash it at a moments notice with no worries.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 6:39 PM on Aug. 22, 2010