Do you include "just for fun" money in your budget?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 11:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I guess so. We call it our entertainment fund. Right now it's a grand total of $5 a month. It's enough to rent a couple movies at red box and go get a $1 ice cream at McDonalds while we let our son play on their play ground :)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We have miscellaneous money for me and for my DH.  If we want to spend it on fun, we do.  If we want to spend it on necessities, then that's our decision.  :)

MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 11:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• just like SuperrMommyy we have no extra for just for fun. however we do try to sqeeze some out of somewhere
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Right now.. I don't have enough in my budget to include a just for fun portion! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We make sure there's always "just for fun" money!! ( And I'm very thankful for it too)
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes! In fact we each have our own "fun money" bank accounts from which we can spend and not have to justify. Our joint account is for bills, mortgage and big ticket items.

We have our respective paychecks divvied up to our respective accounts. About 15% of my paycheck and 5% of my husband's paycheck goes to our fun money accounts (my husband makes significantly more than I do!), the balance is divided between our joint checking and savings accounts. Makes' life so much easier!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:51 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• we dont have enough money for that right now..but we will starting in a few weeks! yayyyy! :D
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 1:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Not while my S/O is laid off. But when he was working I use to put money aside for what ever. Ever now and then we might need it for this or that, but it wasn't just for jun unfortunately.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes. If for whatever reason we need extra money, we take from there before touching the savings.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yep. We figure you only live once so we always leave a little in our budgets for fun stuff. If you saw the way we grew up you'd understand our little indulgence habit.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2010